Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Reporting to the Sanitation Supervisor, the Sanitation Worker’s position is primarily responsible to sanitize/clean the facility and production equipment according to the company’s procedures. In addition this position has a basic understanding of the equipment and equipment’s function along with chemical application awareness and can perform basic equipment breakdowns. Must be able to work effectively in a team-based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and make decisions under pressure.
- Willing to perform different tasks per the supervisor's instructions and in accordance with all safety guidelines mandated by the employer;
- Follow GMP guideline and follow safety practices, including but not limited to: Lock out tag out, chemical handling, proper lifting techniques, proper PPE;
- Report food safety issues to the Sanitation Supervisor;
- Follow Standard Sanitation Operating Procedure (SSOP) guidelines as they refer to proper cleaning and sanitation of all equipment required for this position;
- Must be able to read and follow instructions for chemical usage and cleaning specifications as set by the company;
- Ability to use cleaning and sanitizing chemicals and high pressure and low pressure water hoses;
- Perform machine breakdown for cleaning purposes; disassemble and reassemble production equipment;
- Manually clean equipment; rinse, foam, scrub and sanitize production equipment; clean in place equipment (CIP) ensuring that all areas meet standard requirements;
- Complete sanitation daily documentation (checklists) accurately;
- Return all sanitation documents and tools at end of shift;
- Work Individual or in a Team Work environment;
- Communicate with Supervisor and/or Team Leader regarding any sanitation concerns observed throughout shift;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to all production operations;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Previous manufacturing and/or food production experience is preferable;
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production is preferable;
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced team environment;
- Excellent manual dexterity;
- Strong physical endurance;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to effectively understand and follow a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation), alongside prioritizing and organizing workload;
- Mechanical aptitude is preferable;
- Basic math skills;
- Knowledge of chemicals used in food plant cleaning and sanitation, in addition to practices and procedures;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.