Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Finance, the Finance Manager – US Subsidiaries has the responsibility to plan, direct and coordinate most of the accounting, tax and administrative functions of the US subsidiaries of the Leclerc Group including payroll and tax compliance which are both two important components of this role.
- Developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, in accordance with the policies and procedures put in place by the head office;
- Hiring, supervising and being responsible for the continuous training of the US finance team (about 4 people in total).
- Ensuring the transactions are recorded accurately and timely to respect the month-end deadlines;
- Examining and evaluating the accounting operations and offering advice to improve them and put in place new accounting processes;
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process;
- Supervising the US payroll function and working closely with the HR team on matters that affects payroll;
- Helping the head office in the preparation of the US year-end audit file;
- Supervising and/or preparing the information required by the tax specialists for the US income tax return files;
- Having the responsibility to ensure successful completion of the company’s various federal and state tax filings;
- Working closely and supporting the Vice-President of Finance and the Legal counsel of the Group on transactions affecting the US companies;
- Being responsible for the follow up and the accounting and tax implications of the US leases;
- Being responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the cities and counties taxes, property tax and use and sales taxes.
- Helping and providing information to the Vice-President of Finance for insurance purposes if necessary.
- Participating in or supervising all finance and administration IT projects in the US with the help of the head office;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Professional certification of the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountant);
- 10 years of experience in accounting and tax compliance (corporate tax, sales and use tax, etc.);
- 5 years in a similar function;
- Knowledge of SAP is highly valued;
- Autonomous and multitasks, hands-on personality;
- Great leadership and organization;
- High value given to team work;
- Good skills in communication and technology;
- Availability to travel on an occasional basis;
- Knowledge of accounting principles.