Reporting directly to the VP of Quality, the Quality Supervisor will ensure proper function of the Quality Department including the Quality process controls, regulatory, Food Safety, Sanitation and Microbiology laboratory. The Quality Supervisor will be working with the Production Manager to ensure the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other food safety programs for the facility. This person will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the food quality and safety programs to achieve quality and company goals.
- Direct and manage all quality activities in all plant areas that are impacted by the in-plant programs in the continuous improvement process;
- Insure regulatory compliance, adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and an effective food safety program;
- Implement necessary internal quality assurance systems and infrastructure;
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and changes affecting food safety and make recommendations for appropriate program changes to ensure governmental compliance.
- Compile and review of data for trends and deviations followed by reporting execution of corrective and preventative measure;
- Identify the root cause of quality problems in production or supply chain and reduce or eliminate them;
- Collaborate with others in the company to improve the quality levels of the products while implementing methods for reducing the cost;
- Provide support to all internal and external audits;
- Develop, revise and initiate standards and methods for inspection, sampling, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in related fields such as food science;
- Develop, organize and manage applications of a comprehensive quality and food safety programs;
- Formulate quality policies and programs and provide guidance and feedback to production;
- Provide introduction and daily application of the quality policy in the plant to ensure continued compliance to HACCP and other food safety programs;
- Update and develop SOPs to support the company’s quality assurance system;
- Analyze quality control test results and communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments;
- Identify critical control points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at those points.
- Lead and manage the Quality department team, assuring an effective and strong audit function;
- Provide leadership in maintaining effective communication between the Quality Assurance and Production departments;
- Supervise quality control technicians, as needed.
- B.S. degree in food science, quality, production or related field or relevant education/experience required;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the food Quality assurance field as a Quality Manager or similar position required;
- Direct experience with GFSI/BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations;
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.);
- Be able to effectively understand and adhere to a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation);
- Demonstrate strong management, leadership, detail-oriented and organizational skills;
- Excellent people skills, maintain positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals; Strong analytical and decision-making skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving;
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (up to 10 -12 hours);