Reporting to the Human Resources management, the incumbent acts as an expert consultant and coach to the Vice-President of the Plant, its management team and its employees. In addition to ensuring the sound management of all traditional activities related to human resources management, he actively contributes to the implementation of new management methods, the development of skills of managers and employees, as well as maintaining and increasing the level of engagement of team members. He accomplishes this by working closely with the HR team at the head office and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and processes.
Temporary position for a period of one year.Responsibilities
- Take charge of activities to plan manpower needs, recruitment, identification, selection and retention of talent;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant and preferably acquired experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Support and coaching experience of a top management team;
- Support and advise managers and supervisors in all areas of human resources management;
- Act as a coach for the management and supervision team of the plant to develop their skills and those of their team;
- Participates in the development of strategies and methods to achieve the plant's goal in human resources;
- Act as an agent of change in organizational development projects and, if necessary, lead such projects;
- Ensure and coordinate the monitoring of the skills development program;
- Coordinate and ensure the right performance review process (2 times per year). Coach managers in this area;
- Collaborate with the occupational health and safety team to improve and maintain best practices in this area and support managers in their health and safety monitoring activities;
- Actively participate in the annual salary administration;
- Coordinate and track absences and disability files as well as certain stages of benefits management;
- Ensure the proper administration of the disciplinary process;
- Analyze and recommend possible improvements to all facets of human resources management under his responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, concentration of human resources or in Industrial Relations or any specialty related to this role;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant and preferably acquired experience in a manufacturing environment; support and coaching experience of a top management team;
- Know how to exercise your role of influence;
- Master the Ontario regulatory environment;
- Ability to work in an environment where change is ubiquitous
- Oral and written French and English is required
- Concrete achievements in collaborative contexts that have demonstrated credibility, integrity, tact and diplomacy.