Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibilities are focused on installation, preventative maintenance and repair of all plant equipment. This position troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs a wide variety of equipment including PLCs (Programmable Logic Controls), VFDs, robotics, in process measuring devices, data transmission devices, storage devices and drives. Heavy emphasis will focus upon compliance with safety standards for electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in an automated food production facility.
Millwright specific responsibilities:
- Perform all actions related to the preventive maintenance program of the company ;
- Ensure maintenance of equipment and repairs when required ;
- Help solve problems related to maintenance ;
- Suggest continuous improvement projects ;
- Participate in equipment installation and help during start-ups ;
- Test equipment in order to assure productivity and performance ;
- Respect safety standards of the company and maintain a clean work environment;
- Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures such as Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space, PPE are followed by themselves and by others working in and around the machinery;
- Provide support to operations in running machines at standard speeds to maximize efficiency and productivity;
- Respond quickly to address downtime issues promptly and effectively;
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including the identification of contributing causes for unplanned downtime and work to eliminate the root cause to drive continuous improvement;
- Maintain spares as needed to insure that equipment is available when required;
- Effectively utilize and maintain the SAP Plan Maintenance System, including following all computer-based and paper processes for work order completion and documentation.
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician specific responsibilities:
- Repairing equipment such as pumps, motors, controls and other components;
- Fabricating parts, operating machining equipment such as lathes, grinders, etc;
- The position is also responsible for the safe use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools.
- Perform complex electrical and controls installation and repair equipment;
- Install, test, calibrate, maintain and repair a variety of equipment;
- Diagnose electrical, mechanical and instrumentation problems.
- Associates degree in related field of study or equivalent relevant education/experience;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry;
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of equipment based on industrial process controls – PLC Programmable Logic Controls, In Process measuring devices, data transmission, storage devices and drives ;
- Being familiar with mechanical drawings, fluid power schematics and operation sequences;
- Strong knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, instrumentation and control;
- Ability to understand and follow various guidelines and working procedures (eg: health and safety, hygiene and sanitation);
- Must have the ability to be certified on scissor lifts and forklifts;
- Positive attitude and ability to communicate effectively;
- Sense of resourcefulness and of initiative;
- Ability to manage and organize priorities.
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods Nutrition Arizona.