SUMMARY OF THE FUNCTION
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Canadian Operations, the incumbent will be paired with an experienced plant manager to familiarize himself with the organization's processes, practices and management tools. He will be entrusted with various mandates that may affect operations, OHS, continuous improvement, management and support corporate projects.
The candidate must have the desire to progress to the role of plant manager and opportunities in Canadian factories will be offered in this direction following his succession mandate.
• Participate in the implementation of the plan for continuous improvement and health and safety;
• Define operational needs and opportunities, propose a plan of action and see to implementation;
• Assure the replacement of the different positions (team leader, BUL, factory manager);
• Participate in the deployment and maintenance of the active supervision system, SSA PRO2;
• Participate actively in the meetings offered to him;
• Participate in decision-making in case of problems;
• Collaborate in carrying out internal and external audits;
• Implement recommendations following internal audits;
• Actively participate in the implementation of programs aimed at improving organizational effectiveness;
• Accompany managers in the management of their team;
• Propose and plan training activities to develop the team.
SKILLS AND NECESSARY SKILLS
• Hold a university degree in Administration (operations management), food science and technology or other relevant academic training;
• Communicate effectively in both official languages;
• Have a minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience;
• Demonstrate a strong capacity for analysis and decision-making;
• To be recognized as a person with leadership focused on communication and motivation;
• Be an agent of change who identifies opportunities for improvement;
• Have a level of functional computer knowledge (Excel, Outlook, OneNote, etc.);
• Being mobile in Canada will be considered an important asset.