CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR
Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Continuous Improvement Coordinator works with teams to prepare and conduct process improvement events. The individual will develop and prepare materials for use in the events, coordinate with department management and participants, lead instruction on the use of process improvement tools, facilitate team decisions, manage team work, resolve team conflict, assist in the development of implementation action plans, and conduct follow-up.
- Adhere to all company Policies and Procedures and actively promotes Continuous Improvement and its activities and services to others.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of CI, including but not limited to: OEE analysis and project creation, coaching and facilitating projects and activities as needed, updating Project, Education, Corporate KPI’s, and other databases as required, maintain dashboards and scorecards in appropriate areas
- Coordinate and participate in cost reduction initiatives such as energy, safety, set-up reduction, recycling;
- Coordinate and participate in the development of POKA, SMED, and KAIZEN projects with other CI team members;
- Initiates continuous improvement activities throughout the operations along with prioritizing based on Pareto thinking as the tool of choice;
- Lead, coach & facilitate the application of a common site approach of Lean/Six Sigma Tools including: DMAIC Tool Set, Process Behavior Charts & Value Stream Mapping;
- Provides event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits. Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements;
- Coordinates with related departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction;
- Monitor results of applicable feedback to identify opportunities for process improvements;
- Assist in the development of the process models and process maps;
- Monitor implementation of improvement team recommendations;
- Design and support systems for department strategic plans; ensures that department process improvement objectives, measures, and metrics are established;
- Provide and support training initiatives such as 6S, TPM, Shop Floor Management, Sustainability, OEE etc.;
- Provide key performance indicators across the site, product line, and globally and acts accordingly to promote improvement through the communication board, POKA;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to production operations;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS (Business Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/Supervision) or equivalent education/experience in food industry;
Knowledge of GFSI / BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations is preferred;
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.);
- Experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Six Sigma, etc.);
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; verbal and written;
- Maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals;
- Ability to identify short and long term development needs and providing appropriate support;
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and as a team;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance; ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Ability to stand; walk; for long periods of time;
- Able and willing to work 10-12hrs daily; Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.