Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Reporting to the Plant Manager or BUL, the Production/Shift Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision on production employees to maximize productivity on assigned shift and area, and also ensure that the team is in compliance with company policies, programs and standards concerning safety, quality, and productivity.
- Monitor employee safety practices, including but not limited to: Lock out Tag out, Proper lifting techniques, Proper PPE;
- Report all unsafe activities;
- Assign and direct daily work to team members so that production lines are adequately staffed;
- Oversees that production schedule for completion is executed in a timely manner and within all quality parameters;
- Assist the scheduling planner in creating work orders, entering lot codes for proper inventory management is conducted with team;
- Manage repacking production schedules and ensures that products are repacked in a timely manner and within all quality parameters;
- Ability to perform basic setup, operation, cleanup, for each line equipment;
- Monitor product quality and recognize problems/defects with process, equipment and material; Follow up on solutions and corrections;
- Participate in root cause analysis when problems/defects are recognized;
- Oversee the regular review and repair of production equipment to ensure that all lines are operating safely and efficiently;
- Assist the Production Manager in evaluation of staffing needs and ensure efficient compliance to production schedules;
- Assist the Production Manager with employee performance and skills development, conducts performance appraisals, and administer disciplinary action, including assisting Human Resources with employment terminations when necessary;
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships and individual goals as well as the team goals;
- Assist the Production Manager with the vacation schedule for team members to ensure no impact to production;
- Manage staff hours and submit to payroll;
- Assist scheduling ongoing employee training so that team members are within the training plan requirement;
- Support continuous improvement processes to ensure that goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service are met;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to production operations;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/Supervision) or equivalent education/experience in food industry;
Knowledge of BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations;
- Experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Six Sigma, etc.);
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.);
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; verbal and written;
- Excellent people skills: Maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals in identifying short and long term development needs and providing appropriate support;
- Demonstrate strong management, leadership, detail-oriented, organizational and scheduling ability;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving;
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance; Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.