Reporting to the Production Supervisor/Team Leader, the Production Worker will perform various tasks on a production line. The individual will carry out various functions like processing, sorting, packing and operating process machinery. The Production Worker must maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Must be able to work effectively in a team-based environment, set priorities to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
Starting Rate: $13.75 (2nd and 3rd shift include a differential).
- Maintain a clean work environment by following food and workplace safety procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Maintain production line operational by assisting line operators with process problems, making equipment adjustments;
- Monitor products conformity and ensure compliance to company’s standards and perform adjustments to equipment if/when needed;
- Record production data such as quantity, weight, size and types of products packaged;
- Informs leader of any production problems that may negatively affect the production performance according to company standards;
- Assist with change overs;
- Ability to rotate and learn different areas of the production line/multiple lines including a variety of product production;
- Relieve team members as needed (breaks, lunches, absent team member, vacation);
- Maintain a positive, respectful and open communication with team members;
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it a more efficient and safe place to work;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Previous manufacturing and/or food production experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices in food production is preferred;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Ability to learn multiple positions and be able to work these positions on varying schedules;
- Ability to effectively understand and follow a variety of guidelines and work procedures (including health, safety, hygiene and sanitation);
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and effective communication with peers, supervisors;
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving;
- Basic math and computer skills;
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance; ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Ability to stand; walk; for long periods of time;
- Able and willing to work 10-12hrs daily;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc.