Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor will oversee the daily operations and efficiencies of the sanitation team. S/he oversees sanitation function to ensure compliance with all quality management programs and food safety systems, such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP's). S/he is responsible for sanitation staff training to meet BRC level of cleanliness and requirements.
- Maintain good communication with all departments;
- Oversee clean-up activities of equipment and facilities in all production areas, equipment, food contact surfaces and exterior of the facility to ensure that all areas meet standard requirements performed by the Sanitation Team;
- Manage staff hours and submit to payroll;
- Promote, comply, actively participate and enforce the importance of safety to help maintain a safe and healthy work environment; Report all safety issues;
- Involved in team members training to understand cleaning procedures for food safety, and personnel safety;
- Ensure SSOP requirements are used and maintained;
- Monitor employee safety practices, including but not limited to: Lock out tag out, chemical handling, proper lifting techniques, wearing proper PPE, etc.
- Oversee the quality of work performed by the Sanitation Team Members;
- Conduct required daily required pre-op inspections to ensure equipment and facility are clean prior to start of operations;
- Ensure the proper cleaning inspections are completed as outlined in the Master Sanitation schedule by enforcing proper and accurate documentation of all sanitation forms/logs and recorded in SAP;
- Keep up to date documents on the DMS according the changes that occur in the plant;
- Provide leadership to others through example and knowledge sharing;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.;
- Provide sanitation team members feedback through job performance appraisals;
- Motivate and encourage employees to meet their sanitation goals;
- Perform regular inventories of sanitation chemicals and non-chemical supplies;
- Review new equipment, equipment modifications and equipment repairs to give feedback on design aspects that affect the ability to clean and sanitize the equipment or process;
- Support and help implement continuous process improvements;
- Create and maintain POKA guides relative to production operations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Previous manufacturing and/or food production experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of BRC, SQF, GMP and other food safety standard including HACCP or similar food industry regulations;
- Knowledge of chemicals used in food plant cleaning and sanitation in addition to practices, procedures and guidelines;
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, etc.);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and consistently changing environment;
- Aptitude and troubleshooting through root cause problem solving;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills; verbal and written;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals in identifying short and long term development needs and providing appropriate support;
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance; ability to lift up to 75lbs;
- Ability to stand; walk; for long periods of time;
- Able and willing to work 10-12hrs daily;
- Must be flexible with work hours and be able to work overtime and weekends when needed;
- This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within Leclerc Foods USA, Inc
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.