- Whisk flour with sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk milk with oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- Whisk in flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in 10 chopped caramel butter cookies.
- Scrape mixture into a well-oiled 10-inch cast iron skillet, smoothing top.
- Set pan over a grill on medium, lid closed, or on a campfire grill, covered, until a tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Let stand to cool slightly, then top with remaining 6 chopped cookies and strawberries.
Shortcake can be baked in centre of a 350F oven, 40 min. Camping? For easy travelling and cleanup, whisk then store dry ingredients and prepared shortcake toppings in reseal able bags.